Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bottles & Brushes

On Tuesday evening my friend, Cary, invited me (and five others) to participate in an evening of "Bottles & Brushes." I was so excited to join in the fun -because, I had recently discussed trying this out with my friends Catana & Leisa.

Bottles & Brushes was great - husband and wife team Stephanie and Adam (?) (I don't remember his name, but he was super cute) guided us through creating our masterpieces. We started by free sketching an outline of the Venice cathedral. Then, they guided us through how to mix our paints to get to the appropriate shades. And then we were off! We started with shades of blue and then progressed through the canvas. Two hours later and we had masterpieces that look exactly like Monet's orignal!


A shot of the artists hard at work!


The finished product! I love how each of our paintings is just a little bit different!

My masterpiece proudly on display at home!



Monet's masterpiece - it looks just like mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment